Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Thursday, March 8, 2007

the house that threw up st. patrick's day and other random funny stuff

So Mary and I were driving home from Kohls last Friday night, trying to understand the mystery that was "Westbury High School" (having assumed that Craig's high school, Clarke, was the only HS in the town) when we saw what looked like Christmas lights. We turned down the street out of curiosity only to discover that it literally looked like it had thrown up St. Patrick's Day. We're talking MASSIVE houses, completely decked out. Irish flags, giant leprechauns, shamrocks everywhere - seriously out of control. And it wasn't just one house - there were at least three with green and white lights all over the place. Seriously, we got home and couldn't stop laughing about it. It was the funniest thing I'd seen . . . well, since the night before, when Craig and I went for kosher pizza with Tiv and Infarct (kosher pizza - seriously, two thumbs up, who would have thought) and he pointed out the kosher Chinese food place down the street. Wok Tov - I love it. (And I love that picture - something about Craig being completely in shadow, wearing a cowboy hat, with the Chinese food chopsticks popping out of his head - hilarious.) Mary and I have taken to making really off-color jokes during Lost every week. I don't even know what triggered it or what was wrong with it, but now from 10:00-11:00 on Wednesday nights, we start making ridiculous comments about everyone and their moms. There's something seriously wrong with us. But I seriously haven't laughed this hard in forever. I think that it's been making everything around me funnier. Pat and I exchanged this little piece of IM dialogue earlier and I literally started laughing outloud:

Pat (10:00:51 PM): im putting together a trip for the midnight showing of 300 at westbury stadium
Pat (10:00:54 PM): interested?
Me (10:02:09 PM): eh... thanks for asking, but i'm going to pass, i have to get myself up and to school pretty early tomorrow morning to do my source gathering (17 newspaper articles to microfiche - should be a fun day)
Pat (10:03:03 PM): *ahem*
Pat (10:03:06 PM): interested?
Pat (10:03:16 PM): (when they ask twice on tv the person always seems to change their mind)

Hahaha. I don't know why I found that so funny. Anyway. I leave you with this last picture of the St. Patrick's Day house. I love it. LOVE IT.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home