Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Thursday, November 22, 2007

lend me your eyes and i'll list you some songs

studying procrastination survey!

1) What song makes you wanna kick some ass, take some names, then go to people with those names and kick them in the ass, or the nuts, if you prefer?
"Kick Some Ass" by Stroke 9

2) What's the best song to scream to?
"Seventy Times 7" by Brand New and "Hands In the Sky" by Straylight Run

3) What song froze a moment in time when you first heard it?
"The Perfect Ending" by Straylight Run. Oh my God, I remember putting that CD in the player after I'd only heard the demos, and it was the first track, and it just blew me away. And "Untitled #1" by Brand New. I think it was the first time I heard that demo that Jesse Lacey skyrocked from "awesome" to "hero".

4) What song makes you laugh your butt off?
Most Mika songs. "Lollipop" is just such a silly little song that I can't help laughing, but "Grace Kelly" conjures up images of nobody liking Sylar, so that makes me laugh too. And "Dead Puppies" by Doctor Demento - always reminds me of Artem.

5) What song jerks the most tears for you?
So, so many. "Konstantine" by Something Corporate can still do it. "A Slow Descent" by Straylight Run when I'm in the right mood. "Untitled #1", "Untitled #3" and "Play Crack the Sky" by Brand New. A bunch of other songs that remind me of people

6) What song makes you want to curl up with someone?
"Under You" by Better than Ezra. Among many others.

7) What song best wakes you up?
I wake up to my ipod every morning, but if it's Straylight Run or Brand New, I'm more likely to want to stay awake to keep listening. If it's Journey or Bon Jovi, I'll wake up singing.

8) What song best lulls you to sleep?
I fell asleep at a Dave Matthews Band show and at a Percy Hill show (that one was standing up in a club, that was more impressive) . . . yeaaah.

9) What is the best prom song?
I didn't go to my senior prom and I don't remember much about the junior prom music, but anything Boyz II Men will always remind me of school dances

10) What song just makes you want to dance?
anything by Mika. I love love love that album. Or the Spice Girls.

11) What's the best party song?
Any party is 100 times better if "Don't Stop Believin" or "Living On A Prayer" comes on

12) What song is most conducive to a mopey mood?
almost anything by Dashboard Confessional

13) What song is perfect for wallowing?
again, Dashboard Confessional . . . a couple of early Kevin Devine songs, like "Protest Singer"

14) What song epitomizes heartbreak or disappointment?
"Evaporated" by Ben Folds Five

15) What song most motivates you to get back up afterward?
"Gone" by Ben Folds; "You're So Last Summer" by Taking Back Sunday

16) What is the best storytelling song?
"One Tin Soldier" - I don't even know who sings it, but that was a great song. And I guess it's kind of cheating, but the Dashboard Confessional "So Impossible" E.P. is perhaps one of the most brilliant pieces of storytelling I've ever heard. The songs individually are fantastic, but put together one after another is the cutest thing ever.

17) What is your favourite instrumental?
The Futurama theme song. Is that cheating to pick a TV theme song? I love it.

18) What is your favourite song that is intricately tied to a film?
"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship. I loved Mannequin when I was little.

19) What song stirs your spirit or ambitions?
good question. I'll come back to this.

20) What was the first song that changed the world as you knew it after a single listen?
"Lightning Crashes" by Live.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home