Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Friday, February 22, 2008

eggtown

What a crappy day today's been - finally just got around to watching last night's Lost on ABC.com. No haikus this time, just a list of random observations.

  • First, I didn't realize until I just looked up the title of this episode that it was called "Eggtown" - I don't really get it. Okay, so Locke starts out the episode by making Ben some eggs and obviously there was the whole pregnancy theme going, but did I miss something? I think I'm extra confused because I was watching Full House earlier and DJ was talking about all of the eggheads in her "smart" class. Anyway.
  • Can someone refresh my memory on the whole Kate pregnancy thing? I really don't remember much of anything from last season. Did she think she was pregnant? Did Juliet confirm she wasn't? I'm really confused.
  • Who is Kate's lawyer? He looked so familiar. I haven't gotten around to IMDB-ing him yet, but LostPedia noted that he was in the movie Frequency, playing a character named "Jack Shepard" who apparently was a serial killer that was prevented from killing Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet)'s character. Funny stuff. I should watch that movie again. I remember loving it.
  • I saw Beth Broderick's name in the opening credits and thought that she was Marcia Brady. Apparently I'm thinking of Maureen McCormick. But Beth Broderick was one of the aunts in Sabrina the Teenage Witch. God they made her look awful in this episode. And how have I watched this show from the pilot and seen Kate's mom several times and never realized it was her?
  • Claire seems to have gotten over Charlie's death very quickly. I'm not just saying that because I'm bitter that Charlie's dead - seriously, it's been a couple of days. Already she's all giggly and "I'll go make some more coffee!" when Sawyer comes over to talk to Kate? I've gone through much less traumatic losses and not gotten over them NEARLY as quickly. I guess that the island's healing abilities extend to broken hearts.
  • Hurley: "You totally Scooby-Doo'd me, didn't you." Good line.
  • When Kate takes the tray of food from Hurley and goes to see Miles, what does she do with his food? I get she wants information from him, but jeez, at least let the guy eat.
  • I definitely gave the expected reaction when Kate mentioned her "son".
  • It's about time that someone (thank you Juliet) suggested calling a number like 911 that's NOT on the freighter - I mean jeez. They've been on the island 95 days, you'd think they'd all be fighting over the phone to call anyone.
  • When Jack gets called as a witness, he looks totally hot. I don't know what it is about future Jack pre-beard, but he looks damn good.
  • "Only 8 of us survived the crash" - so that's the story they're going with, huh? And two of those people died. And the rest are the Oceanic Six. I can't wait to see how they get to that point.
  • "Do you love her?" "No, not anymore." I don't believe him.
  • I don't really get why Hurley and Sawyer have to be "roommates" - aren't there enough houses for them each to have their own? I mean, there were a lot of Others. Either way, I love that the two of them were paired together watching Xanadu. Sometimes this show really manages to make me laugh.
  • Boxed wine always makes me think of Becky. I felt a need to make that a bullet point because she got so excited when she saw her name in my haiku.
  • I don't know about Sawyer, but when Locke gives "his word", I don't really trust it.
  • I had the EXACT same reaction that Ben did when Miles asked for $3.2 million! 3.2? Why not 3.3 or 3.4?
  • I still love Miles. It's not blackmail, it's extortion. Apparently I like assholes.
  • I know we established early on in this episode that it's a dictatorship, not a democracy with Locke, but it would have at least been nice if he'd knocked before barging into Claire's house.
  • What's the story with Daniel's memory? He still looks like Charlie to me.
  • Why did Charlotte even bother to admit that there was a second phone line on the boat? If she didn't really want to call it, she wouldn't have said anything about it.
  • I feel like it wasn't very smart of Locke to put Miles back in the exact same boat house where Kate had already found him. Of course now he has a grenade in his mouth. Locke sure is one sick son of a bitch.
  • The bed scene with Kate and Sawyer where she hits him made me think "Way to go, Kate." But then I thought about it, and Sawyer's absolutely right. I think I instinctively take the girl's side, but Sawyer's right, she'll go running back to him in a couple weeks (real time, not Lost time) when she gets upset with Jack.
  • Maybe I'm over sensitive today, but I started crying when Jack told Kate that he didn't mean what he'd testified to. I knew it.
  • And as soon as I saw the kid's blond hair, I knew it was Aaron. So now I suppose the question is: is he one of the Oceanic 6? I mean I guess we're to assume Claire doesn't get off the island. But then considering that Claire supposedly "died" in the crash, then she never would have had her baby to begin with, and then Aaron couldn't really be considered a "survivor." But on the other hand, didn't the previews say that this week we'd learn another one of the Oceanic 6? So then maybe he IS supposed to be one of them? He was in the credits as "two year old boy". I wish we had a timeline of when they actually got off the island. He's calling Kate "Mommy", so Claire must have been out of his life for quite some time. Oh this stupid show.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At February 26, 2008 at 11:52 AM , Blogger briton.sparkman said...

    Sawyer and Hurley have to room together so that Sawyer can have great lines like. "....well me and montezuma"

    meanwhile, the old Xanadu video was a great shout out. If I was on the Lost Island I would want to have the 80s cult classic with Olivia Newton-John looking super hot. Catchy music, neon wardrobes, and roller skates....what's not to love?

     
  • At February 27, 2008 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Patrick C said...

    Juliet never tested to see if Kate was pregnant. All we know is that she did the dirty deed with Sawyer, and his already potent sperm is like 5x amplified on the island. That's why Jin's guys were able to get the juice to swim past Sun's defenses.

    I don't think you ever watched the show Big Love, but Kate's lawyer was Bill Paxton's idiot brother on that. It was really hard trying to pretend that he was a competent attorney after putting up with his idiocy (did I use that correctly?) on 2 seasons of Big Love.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home