Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

mix cd monday (er . . . except it's tuesday): music from the second greatest summer of our lives

A text message from Brian last week, combined with a scare from Darren that Coles would be closing in 2009 (thankfully false), combined with reading a bunch of journal entries from Summer 2003 definitely made me long for the best summer of my life. I can't believe it's been five years.



Best people ever . . . songs that will always remind me of them:

WHO ROCKS THE HOUSE?
Music From the Second Greatest Summer of Our Lives
  1. "Bring Me To Life" - Evanescence. I remember that every time this song came on the radio, Frank and Brian would reenact their own "music video" for it, pretending to be gargoyles and fountains.
  2. "Bandages" - Hot Hot Heat.
  3. "Boys of Summer" - The Ataris. Jackie and I were pretty much the *only* girls that summer . . . I loved all my boys of summer!
  4. "Heaven Is A Place on Earth" - Belinda Carlyle. I was telling Briton yesterday that the Coles closing staff would call WPLJ and request this song and Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" (see #6 :) ) for their 8:00 80s EVERY NIGHT and that after the entire summer had gone by, they still hadn't played either song for us
  5. "You're So Vain" - Carly Simon
  6. "Take Me Home Tonight" - Eddie Money
  7. "One Dollar Blues" - Megan Jean. Definitely one of the most talented co-workers I've ever had!
  8. "You've Got a Friend" - James Taylor.
  9. "Faithfully" - Journey.
  10. "Bottom of a Bottle" - Smile Empty Soul. Brian and I had a whole elaborate story about how we didn't do it for the drugs, we did it for the hugs.
  11. "I'm Like A Bird" - Nelly Furtado. Brian and I used to sing "I'm like a bird . . . I don't know where my 'ho' is . . ." We thought we were a lot funnier than we actually were. No, actually, we were really funny.
  12. "Outside" - Staind.
  13. "Center Field" - John Fogarty
  14. "Porch Light" - Megan Jean
  15. "Closing Time" - Semisonic. Nothing cleared out the locker room faster than blasting this song over the PA system. And all of us singing along.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home