Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

round two answers and final round!

  1. louder, louder, and we'll run for our lives (Snow Patrol) (Michelle)
  2. when I'm with my friends I feel home (O.A.R.)
  3. why do we all end up alone? (Nine Days)
  4. sync up the cuts to the bass drum kick (Against Me!)
  5. you couldn't live with me so you moved to Brooklyn (Jesse Malin)
  6. no hope, no love, no glory, no happy ending (Mika)
  7. I am alive and amplified (the Mooney Suzuki)
  8. go haunt someone else (Kevin Devine)
  9. I know she may not be miss right but she'll do right now (SR-71)
  10. it was an honest mistake (The Bravery)
  11. I think about you in the summertime (New Kids on the Block) (Courtnie)
  12. from the aeroplane over the sea (Neutral Milk Hotel)
  13. whoa, living on a prayer (Bon Jovi) (Bonnie)
  14. how many people wanna kick some ass? (Stroke 9)
  15. mamma mia, here I go again (ABBA)
  16. Carry on my wayward son! There'll be peace when you are done! (Kansas) (Scott)
  17. you, just like heaven (The Cure) (Bonnie)
  18. as I fall apart, I learn to fly (Carbon Leaf)
  19. say what you need to say (John Mayer) (Michelle)
  20. I am a one man wrecking machine (Guster) (Scott)
After two rounds: Scott has 7 points, Michelle has 6, Courtnie has 5.5, and Bonnie has 2.

Last round!! It's anyone's game! Here's how this round works. I give you a band name and a song title. You give me the line in the song that contains the name of the album that the song appears on. I'll try to make sure the references aren't too obscure, but let's face it, it's a lot harder to come up with these than the others! Only 15 this round.

Example: Straylight Run - "Buttoned Down." Answer: the needle, the space, time can't erase
  1. Ben Folds Five - "Battle of Who Could Care Less"
  2. Muse - "Starlight"
  3. Our Lady Peace - "Don't Stop" - everyone's losing their minds, healthy in paranoid times (Scott)
  4. Snow Patrol - "Chocolate" - this is the straw, final straw, in the roof of my mouth as I lie to you (Courtnie)
  5. Stroke 9 - "Washin' and Wonderin'"
  6. Taking Back Sunday - "Cute Without the 'E' (Cut from the Team)" - and will you tell all your friends that you've got your gun to my head? (Courtnie)
  7. Duncan Sheik - "Half-Life" - maybe I need to see the daylight, to leave behind this half-life (Michelle)
  8. The Bravery - "The Ocean"
  9. The Spill Canvas - "Lust a Prima Vista" - in one fell swoop it became clear to me that I despise you entirely (Courtnie)
  10. Guster - "Manifest Destiny" - the moon and stars are ganging up on the sun (Scott)
  11. John Mayer - "New Deep"
  12. Mike Errico - "Springtime"
  13. U2 - "Walk On"
  14. Live - "Mirror Song"
  15. Alanis Morissette - "Hands Clean" - what part of our history's reinvented and under rug swept? (Courtnie)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At October 9, 2008 at 12:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    4. This is the straw final straw in the roof of my mouth as I lie to you.

    6. And will you tell all your friends that you've got your gun to my head?

    9. in one fell swoop it became clear to me that I despise you entirely, but the good news is that i'm gonna keep you around.

    15. What part of out history's reinvented and under rug swept ?

     
  • At October 9, 2008 at 4:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    3. Everyone's losing their minds
    /Healthy in paranoid times/
    I've said all my prayers for tonight
    It's never goodbye

    10. The Moon and stars are /ganging up on the Sun/

    And that's all I got for now...

     
  • At October 9, 2008 at 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    7. maybe you need to see the daylight leave behind the half-life

    This one is so much harder!!

     
  • At October 12, 2008 at 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ben Folds Five - "Battle of Who Could Care Less" - With General Apathy and Major Boredom singing, "Whatever and ever, amen..."

    -Craig :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home