Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Sunday, September 21, 2008

i like interactive blog posts

Billy posts these on Facebook all the time . . . figured I'd give it a shot too. There are no repeats of bands and there are no songs with the song title in the first line except for one that I didn't think was *too* obvious.

Guess the artist & song name based on the first line of the song.

Here's the rules if you wanna make your own...
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, skipping only the instrumentals
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own.

  1. Well I can't ever really believe no one was sent to get me - "No One" by Cold
  2. Gonna dive into a dive I've dove into before - "Another Drinking Song" by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  3. I don't want to get too close - Courtnie's right that it's Gavin DeGraw
  4. Come see, I swear, by now I'm playing time against my troubles - "#41" by DMB (one of the only DMB songs that I actually like!)
  5. Call you up in the middle of the night - "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum
  6. Welcome to the planet - "Dare You To Move" by Switchfoot
  7. Sit tight, I'm gonna need you to keep time - "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage" by Panic At the Disco
  8. Maybe it's not that I don't care anymore, maybe I just never did
  9. Here now, don't make a sound - "Long Road to Ruin" by the Foo Fighters
  10. Hope dangles on a string like slow spinning redemption - "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional
  11. After school walking home fresh dirt under my fingernails
  12. I close both locks below the window - "Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park
  13. I never seen you look like this without a reason
  14. Yeah he's a looker but I really think it's guts that matter most - "All Over You" by the Spill Canvas
  15. I worry I weigh three times my body
  16. Well I'm watching Geraldo on TV and I'm thinking about you and me
  17. When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone - "Everybody Hurts" by REM
  18. Racy days help me through the hopeless haze - "Change Your Mind" by the Killers
  19. We've been on the run driving in the sun - "California" by Phantom Planet
  20. Oh myyyyy twenty throw down in my fist of rage

Have fun! :) And for the record, each of these songs and/or bands have gotten regular radio play, so no, I haven't filled this quiz with random "Kerri music" that none of you but Courtnie has ever heard =P

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At September 21, 2008 at 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    6 - Switchfoot "Meant to Live"
    7 - Panic! At the Disco "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage"
    10 - Dashboard Confessional "Vindicated"
    12 - Jewel "You Were Meant For Me"
    17 - REM "Everybody Hurts"

     
  • At September 22, 2008 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WAS TOTALLY WRONG ON 12!!! BAH! See what happens when you don't cheat?

     
  • At September 22, 2008 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Scott said...

    1. Cold... can't remember the name of the song
    2. Boss Stones - Another drinkin' song
    4. DMB - #41 (that's surprising to see on your playlist =P)
    5. Soul Asylum - Runaway Train
    9. Foo Fighters - Long Road to Ruin

    And I knew 12 and 17... but someone beat me to it.

     
  • At September 23, 2008 at 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    3. I think this one is Gavin DeGraw but I don't know the name of the song
    10. Dashboard Confessional- Vindicated
    12. Linkin Park - Shadow of the Day
    14. The Spill Canvas - All Over You
    18. Killers - Change Your Mind
    19. Phantom Planet - California (R.I.P. The OC!)

    I'm with Scott...DMB on your playlist?!?

     
  • At September 23, 2008 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Scott said...

    #1 was Cold - No one! (I didn't 'look it up', but did do a little research on my ipod... hope it still counts =P )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home