Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

proof that bar review is making me dumber

Last weekend, when Briton installed my air conditioner for me, he gave me the warning "make sure you don't open your window." I responded with some wise ass remark about how only an idiot would open a window with an air conditioner in it.

Fast forward to this afternoon, when I returned home from the mall on this 95 degree day dripping in sweat and anxious to close the windows and get the A/C on in my room. I pushed down the window in the front of the room and went to push up the window with the A/C in it. Only instead of pushing open the top part, I pushed open the bottom part. You can see where I'm going with this. Fortunately, I managed to realize what I did almost instantaneously as I pushed the window open and the air conditioner did not go flying out of my second story window onto Sergio's driveway (or even worse, onto the cars parked in the adjacent driveway). But holy crap. I think that my heart is just now done racing and that I'm finally breathing normally again.

I fully give Briton permission to say "I told you so" for the next . . . well, FOREVER.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home