Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Monday, May 19, 2008

Person(s) of the Semester: Spring 2008

PERSON(S) OF THE SEMESTER
SPRING 2008


BRITON S. AND BECKY K.

What can I say . . . I mean seriously, was there any doubt that these two would win this? Let's be honest, Briton and Becky, both individually and collectively, will eternally be synonymous with "Spring 2008" in my mind. I'm not going to lie, there have been times through the years where coming up with a P.O.M. has been a stretch (hence the award's disappearance for two years!), but Becky and Briton couldn't possibly be a clearer and more obvious choice. Although Briton and I have been friends since first year, Becky and I grew closer this year through Law Review, her living with Briton, and our mutual love for Eric Lane. This semester though, both Briton and Becky were without a doubt my closest friends. I know that their individual "Person of the Month" posts go through a lot of this already, but this semester we enjoyed lots of nights out, including a (probably fortunately) failed attempt to see Ashlee Simpson, the best cheese fries ever made in the history of cheese fries, the PJF Auction (followed by a "sloppy" night with Becky and me at Capers's apartment), Benihana (or should I say "Asian Hooters"), boy movies like Cloverfield and Iron Man with Briton, girl movies like Made of Honor and Definitely, Maybe with Becky, and truly amazing figure skating movies with the both of them, laser tag, my first real NYC St. Patrick's Day celebration, Tuesday night Chipotle dinners with Briton followed by Troy time, many trips to the Hofstra Deli with Becky (my official Dr. Pepper vs. Cherry Coke decider), IMs with dead bears (or half alive bears), Barristers', Peeps fights in the microwave, SCRABULOUS! . . . I know that I'm forgetting stuff and that I will probably be adding to this list as I think of more.

I rung in 2008 with Briton, probably one of the most enjoyable New Years' I've ever had, and although we're only five months into it, it's been a good year. School wise and life wise, I was happier this past semester than I've been in a while, and I know that having friends like Briton and Becky have made that possible. It was a fitting end to law school to be hooded next to Briton at graduation - I could not have imagined my law school experience without him, and I could not have imagined this past semester without the two of them. So thank you to Briton and Becky for that, and for everything. I can't wait until June 14th for a sleepover party with my people of the semester!


Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At May 21, 2008 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Awww THANK YOU!! Since I am sitting next to you, you already have all my comments, but that was sooo nice (as is letting me use you internet right now, so I can even know about it!). Thank youuu and we still have dinner tomorrow and Renato's to look forward to!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home