Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

becky wants to be entertained, scott's sick of looking at peeps, and briton's updated more recently than me

It was nearly a year ago that Briton and I were flipping through the channels one Sunday morning and came across some girl on the TV lifting up her shirt yelling "I'm going to be FAMOUS!" while some guy videotaped her. We were intrigued. Forty minutes and a million Wikipedia page views later, I was pretty hooked.

The OC may be one of the best TV shows ever, and by far my favorite teen drama. But this is why Degrassi: The Next Generation is the second best teen drama ever.
  1. It's Canadian.
  2. There are EIGHT seasons of it and counting.
  3. It's on four times a day. Eight on Sundays!
  4. The cast is so big that not every character is in every episode, so it's hard to dislike any of them because once they start getting on your nerves, you go two or three episodes without seeing them.
  5. That said, there's no Joey Potter or Marissa Cooper.
  6. All the episodes are named after 80s songs.
  7. It gives new meaning to the word "drama". I have only seen a handful of episodes from a couple of seasons and I've seen teen pregnancies, suicide attempts, STDs, an abortion, two rapes, two different people with cancer, a school shooting, male prostitution, a drug overdose, guys kissing, girls kissing, an inappropriate teacher/student relationship, bipolar disorder . . . and no joke, I've seen maybe 20 episodes.
  8. It produced a fictional movie called "Jay and Silent Bob Go Canadian, Eh?"
  9. The theme song is amazingly catchy. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself!
  10. Did I mention it's Canadian?
Watch it. Dooooooooo it!

1 Comments:

  • At May 27, 2009 at 6:03 PM , Anonymous Courtnie said...

    I think I'm only mentally 15 so obviously I love Degrassi too! No Marissa Cooper is definitely a plus.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home