Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Saturday, May 30, 2009

happy new year

Rarely do I measure years from January to December . . . maybe it comes from having spent all but three of the past twenty-two years as a student, where I thought in terms of the "school year". For whatever reason though, that's how I think.

For me, this past year started on June 1. Law school ended. Mary and the cats moved out. Briton moved in. Bar review started. And I was launched into this year, this crazy year of taking bar exams and passing bar exams and being unemployed and then getting a job and starting "my career" . . . everything was new and exciting and the year certainly had its ups and downs, but for the most part, it was a good one. I definitely have some people I can thank for that, and I'm not going to get into that here (that's what the pretty much defunct person of the month/year award was for), but if you're even reading this, there's a damn good chance that you were one of them, so thank you.

So . . . the year ends this weekend. On the horizon:

June 5-7: Becky visits! Night at the Museum 2 (I should see the first one), a fun Australian show, Irina's cocktail party
June 7: Kevin Devine show in Brooklyn
June 16: Matt Nathanson show in Central Park
July 4-18: LONDON!!!
July 21: Our Lady Peace concert at Irving Plaza
July 24: Amanda and Keith's wedding
August 1: Becky's Townhouse 1 Year Anniversary party
August 8: Christy and Tony's wedding
August 15: O.A.R. concert at MSG
September 1: The Killers concert at Jones Beach

Goals for the "new year": keep saving money and move out, preferably into somewhere I own. We'll see how that works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home