Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Monday, March 10, 2008

don't quote me, boy, i ain't said . . .

So nearly everyone I know who keeps a blog on a site OTHER than blogger has done this little "name-that-movie" quiz thingy - I felt like maybe I should hop on the bandwagon.

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie. (or just remember them.)
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

---

1. "There is always hope."

2. "Well, you tell him it's not true!"
"It's not true."
"Is that true?"
"No, it's not true."
"Ha-hah! So it is true!"
"A double negative!"
"Double "negative"? You mean you have-- Photographs?"
"That sounds like a confession to me. In fact, the double negative has led to proof positive. I'm afraid you gave yourself away."
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
Clue (Christy)


3. "Well I just thought maybe the time had come to do something about it."
"Like what?"
"Invite him out for a drink and then after about twenty minutes casually drop into the conversation the fact that you'd like to marry him and have lots of sex and babies."
Love Actually (Brandi)

4. "You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore." Wet Hot American Summer (Melissa got it first, but Briton knew it too!)

5. "You can't treat people the way you treat them and then say something adorable like that."

6. "Life in a box is better than no life at all, I expect. You'd have a chance, at least. You could lie there thinking, "Well. At least I'm not dead.'"

7. "I'm always going to be That Protestant Chick Who Never Killed Anybody!"

8. "I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet." Swingers (Briton)

9. "I mean there's been all these bloody hints and stuff, but has he ever actually stuck his fucking tongue down your fucking throat?" Bridget Jones's Diary (Rachel)

10. "Excellent. A few drops in his drink, and then I'll propose a toast, and he will be dead before dessert."
"Which is a real shame, because it's gonna be delicious."

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At March 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM , Blogger This is me said...

    No idea about any of them.

     
  • At March 12, 2008 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Number 3 is Love Actually! I recognize a few of them, but I don't have enough brain power to try to think long enough to come up with them. But I love them!

     
  • At March 12, 2008 at 9:58 PM , Blogger melissalinker said...

    4 is wet hot american summer

    don't you miss me?

     
  • At March 13, 2008 at 10:18 AM , Blogger briton.sparkman said...

    Number 8 is Swingers!!! and it is Trent. I love that movie.

    Notice my post from St. Patrick's Day '07 where I actually posted a picture of Jon and Vince headed to Vegas and used that quote...

    the rest of the quote is great too.

    "You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man."

     
  • At March 13, 2008 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Number nine is DEFINITELY Bridget Jones Diary. It's Tom, the gay guy, played by Gaius Baltar from Battlestar Galactica (no, I'm not obsessed, why do you ask), talking about Mark Darcy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home