Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Monday, March 3, 2008

Person of the Month: January 2008

In January 2002, I began the tradition of naming a "Person of the Month" on my website each month - somebody who stood out in my mind as one of the bright spots in the month, whether through a single act or consistent awesomeness. In January 2004, the award was renamed to the "D. Nemchek Person of the Month Award" in honor of its most frequent winner, who was thereby retired. The award continued as the D.N.P.O.M. for two more years until last awarded in April 2006. Now, nearly two years later, the new and improved Person of the Month award is back, with its original name (as it has been more than four years since his retirement, I feel that it is only fair to allow Dan the opportunity to win the award again should he be so deserving). With that said, I present to you:

PERSON OF THE MONTH
JANUARY 2008


(picture stolen off of facebook courtesy of b.s.)

SCOTT F.*

Scott was actually the last D.N.P.O.M. award winner back in April 2006, so it seems only fitting that he should be the first winner of the new revamped award. When Scott last won, I was just getting to know him and we were strictly AIM friends - in the two years since, he's become so much more than just an online buddy and a friend of Pat's. Scott was one of the first people that I saw in 2008, so I actually did see him in the month of January, even though it was just for a few hours! I've hung out with Scott less than five times in two years, but that said, one hang out with Scott is worth 100 with pretty much anybody else. New Year's Eve was one of the most fun nights ever - dare I say the most fun night of 2007? - as we drank and made fun of people and told stories and Scott played me voicemails that Pat and I had left him well over a year earlier and I don't think I can properly describe how much fun it is to hang out with Scott so I suggest you all try it yourselves. So starting January '08 with Scott was definitely awesome in itself. But the triggering P.O.M.-worthy event didn't occur until a couple weeks later when, after receiving a slightly incoherent IM from me that concerned him, Scott called me at 4am just to check in and then listened for the next hour (both on the phone and then on IM) as I babbled about everything that was on my mind. I've lost track of the number of times that Scott has been there for me since we met, and a silly little "person of the month" award on a website couldn't possibly begin to thank him for that. I am so grateful that he is part of my life - he is a true friend, and my favorite Friend. ;)

*Note: I'm trying this new thing where I don't list people's full names on here, seeing that it's easily google-able. Should any of my winners decide that they *do* want their winning to show up in google searches, by all means let me know and I'll make it happen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home