Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Sunday, January 13, 2008

damn it, it's the 11th edition, these kinds of mistakes should not be appearing

Granted I'm not exactly an authority when it comes to spelling and grammar (case in point: when writing up my group's poster board in mediation the other day, I had to ask Jason and Adam how to spell "irresponsible". Not that I didn't know how, but sometimes I fall into that trap where I'm used to the little red line telling me if I've made a mistake . . . I digress), but as I did my reading for Wills this morning, I was appalled by all of the spelling and grammar mistakes I came across, and now, in TWO pages of Crim. Pro. reading, I've found three typos already. In the eleventh edition of a textbook that has four editors.

I've circled them all and am going to make a list. Consider this a work in progress.

  • Some jurisdictions allow person's arrested on lower-level felonies to gain their release . . .
  • Where the arrestee is not released (the police having decided to charge), the arrestee must be brought before the magistrate within a 24 or 48 hours . . .
  • That decision most often is based on anticipated difficulties of proof (e.g., the evidence is insufficient, the victim is reluctance to testify . . .
11:40 edit: I just finished my reading for tomorrow and I lost count of the typos - I should have been writing down page numbers instead of just circling them. My favorite was an essay about racial profiling following 9/11 . . . that was dated March 2001.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home