Like A Trip Back To Middle School

Monday, June 30, 2008

tv theme song trivia

After spending at least half an hour last night looking up old TV show opening credits on YouTube with Briton, I thought maybe a litle TV theme song trivia was in order (anything to put off doing this MPT a little longer, although in my defense, I'm already done watching class for the day and if I had actually gone to school, I'd still have another half an hour, so I'm ACTUALLY ahead of schedule. Ignore the fact that I should have done the MPT yesterday before watching the DVD instead of fast forwarding through the MPT review. Shut up.)

It's more fun if you don't Google - mostly childhood favorites in here, but I threw in a couple of modern ones just to keep you on your toes! Post your guesses in the comments :)
  1. Maybe the world is blind or just a little unkind, don't know. Seems you can't be sure of anything anymore. Although, you may be lonely and then one day you're smiling again. Punky Brewster - Briton
  2. Don't know about the future, that's anybody's guess. Ain't no good reason for getting all depressed. Blossom - Bonnie
  3. Show me that smile again, don't waste another minute on your crying. We're nowhere near the end, the best is ready to begin! Growing Pains - Becky
  4. They’re the world’s most fearsome fighting teens (we're really hip!) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Becky
  5. Clouds as mean as you've ever seen and a bird who knows your tune. Then a little voice inside you whispers, "Kid, don't sell your dreams so soon!" Full House (first season theme song) - Briton
  6. Rain and thunder, wind and haze, I'm bound for better days! It's my life, my dream, nothing's gonna stop me now! Perfect Strangers - Scott
  7. So long ago, another life, I can feel your heartbeat. It's not a dream, remember us? I can see it in your eyes. The 4400 - Pat
  8. Better watch out for those man-eating jackrabbits and that killer cacti Hey Dude - Pat (and Scott too, but Pat beat him by ten minuetes!)
  9. There's a path you take and a path not taken, the choice is up to you my friend. Who's the Boss? - Becky
  10. She had style! She had flair! She was there! - The Nanny - Becky
  11. Whenever my life gets me so down, I know I can go down to where the music and the fun never ends! Roundhouse - Scott
  12. Your friends will be there when your back is to the wall. You'll find you need us when there's no one else to call. 21 Jump Street - Christy
  13. Seems like you're always stuck in second gear when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year! Friends - Becky
  14. We run, we jump, we swim and play. We row and go on trips. But the things that last forever are our dear friendships. Salute Your Shorts - Becky
  15. Where are those good old fashioned values on which we used to rely? Family Guy - Becky

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Kerri, I didn't cheat (though I reallllly wanted to), but now that I'm posting I have to go immediately look all of these up!!

    Ok, here are my guesses:

    3: Growing Pains (ahh Kirk Cameron before he joined that Jesus website)

    4: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I'm only guessing this because they are teenagers, that was not a show I watched, but I couldn't think of anything else but Captain Planet, and I do know those lyrics! "We're the Planeteers, You can be one too, because saving the Earth is the THING TO DO!"

    9: Who's the Boss! (I really want to watch that now)

    10: The Nanny (I think, this one is another big guess though)

    13: FRIENDS!! (how sweeeeet)

    14: Salute Your Shorts!!!!! (Now this show, I REALLY wish was still on TV, because I would be watching it right now. "Now we will share a lifetime of the fondest memories...." Though in truth, the part I always think of first is "IT MAKES ME WANT TO FART!")

    15: Family Guy (thank you to my friend Rob because he made me watch all of them and put up with a lot of drunk confusion in the process)

    Okayyyy there you go...I'm sure you wanted all that commentary too! Haha

     
  • At June 30, 2008 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    P.S. You left out so many good shows!!! I don't know how you restricted yourself! If I started with theme songs I feel like the list would have went on for pages! (Which explains why you have a blog and I don't! haha)

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Patrick C said...

    8: Hey Dude

    I'm kind of annoyed I didn't get more. Becky took the easy ones.

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Scott said...

    Kerri!!! This is Scott!!!!
    I have answers!!!!

    #6: Perfect Strangers

    #8: Hey Dude

    #11: Round House

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 12:36 AM , Blogger Scott said...

    Pat stole my answer to #8. Don't believe him!

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 9:26 AM , Blogger briton.sparkman said...

    1. Punky Brewster!!!! I think I only got this because you said how it was like your favorite show and I've heard the theme song on VH1 specials prolly more than I have from the actual show

    5. Watching the first season (with the complete song) on DVD helps. Of course it has to be FULL HOUSE!

    Don't Sell those dreams! never ever!

    I feel like I should know # 2, but not coming to me...I need the music!

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Patrick C said...

    That's bullshit! I am offended not only that it was suggested I needed to steal someone's answer to get Hey Dude, but even that you entertained the idea that it was true!!!

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    12 is 21 Jump Street! How appropriate I get this one!

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Patrick C said...

    7: The 4400!!

    I can't believe I didn't get it at first.

     
  • At July 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Dear Pat,

    First, sorry I am more prompt than you, but you know the saying--you snooze, you lose!! Second, I am protesting your classification of "easy." And finally, please stop being a BIG WHINY BABY.

    Love,
    Becky (aka the winner of the TV theme song contest)

     
  • At July 4, 2008 at 5:19 AM , Blogger bonnie said...

    Do I win if I get the last one? I'm fairly sure its Blossom!!?!!?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home